IMPORTANT REMINDER: In view of the current health emergency arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, applications for civil registry and other consular services are strictly by appointment only. To book an appointment, please send a message to the Embassy’s whatsapp number +212619202240
REPORT OF BIRTH
Births of PHILIPPINE CITIZENS in Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Mali and Guinea-Conakry have to be reported to the Philippine Embassy in Rabat.
The requirements are as follows:
1.) One (1) duly accomplished Report of Birth form.
2.) Original Birth Certificate with English translation and apostilled or authenticated by proper authorities in issuing country with four (4) photocopies.
3.) Original Passports of parents (valid at the time of the birth of the child) + current/valid passports of both parents
• Four (4) photocopies of passport bio data page.
• In case of unavailability, execute an affidavit of Non-submission of Document and attach a copy of valid/recent passport or any valid ID [(i.e. permanent resident card, copy of visa (at the time of the birth of the child), working permit if working abroad at the time of birth of the child].
4.) For births not registered within 1 year: Affidavit of Delayed Registration and Negative certification of birth from PSA.
5.) Marriage contract of parents.
• If the parents were married in the Philippines or had their foreign marriage reported to a Philippine Embassy/Consulate over a year from reporting child’s birth:
➢ Original Report of Marriage/Marriage Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) with four (4) photocopies.
• If married abroad:
➢ Marriage must be reported at the Philippine Embassy (see requirements on Report of Marriage).
• If parents are not married:
➢ Personal appearance of the mother plus proof of her maiden surname (e.g., birth certificate), with four (4) photocopies.
• If parents are not married at the time of the birth of the child and the child will use/is using the surname of the father (applies to children born on or after 19 March 2004):
➢ Affidavit of Admission of Paternity (AAP)/Personal Handwritten Instrument (PHI) executed by the father if he is willing to acknowledge paternity.
➢ Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by:
❖ Mother if the child is below seven (7) years old
❖ The child if he/she is seven (7) to seventeen (17) years old with Sworn Attestation executed by the mother.
❖ The child if he/she is eighteen (18) years old and above without Sworn Attestation by the mother.
• If parents were married after the child’s birth:
➢ Submit duly notarized Joint Affidavit of Legitimation
Report of Birth: 250 DHS/25 USD
Affidavit of Delayed Registration: 250 DHS/25 USD
Affidavit of acknowledgment of paternity: 250 DHS/25 USD
Affidavit to use surname of the father: 250 DHS/25 USD