The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is the primary entity of the Philippine Government which issues clearance certificates to Filipino nationals without criminal convictions in the Philippines. The Philippine Embassy in Morocco merely facilitates the application for NBI clearance by Filipino nationals who are in Morocco and unable to personally file their application in the Philippines.
- The applicant applies personally at the Embassy.
- Secure an NBI card form (NBI Form No. 5) from the Consular Section of the Philippine Embassy.
- The applicant must present his/her valid passport and 1 photocopy of the data page.
- Fill out the card and go to the nearest police station for fingerprinting (rolled impressions). The person who took the fingerprint impression must sign or initial the card and affix the stamp/seal of his office in the appropriate section of the form.
- Attach a colored 2x2 photograph with white background showing applicant in proper/decent attire, taken not earlier than six (6) months before application. Blurred, scanned or low quality photos are not accepted.
- Return the accomplished NBI card form to the Philippine Embassy and have it signed by the Consular Officer.
- The accomplished NBI card form is not the NBI Clearance itself. The applicant will have to send the form and payment to the Philippines by postal mail, or request an authorized representative to submit the documents to the appropriate NBI office in the Philippines. Your authorized representative will need a Special Power of Attorney to process your application.
- The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional documents upon assessment of the application, pursuant to relevant laws, rules, and regulations.
- Walk-in applicants may visit the Consular Section of the Embassy from Monday to Friday between 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
- NBI clearance processing: MAD 250.00 / USD 25.00
- Special Power of Attorney: MAD 250.00 / USD 25.00
- Expedite Fee: MAD 100.00 / USD 10.00